Wednesday, October 07, 2009
It's that time of the year again when the temperatures begin to drop and space heaters get pulled out of the storage closet.
One of the most common causes of fires is the misuse of portable electrical space heaters and there are simple steps that you can take to avoid a fire disaster in your business or home. Here are 5 Tips for fire safety.
1) For starters it is imperative that the space heater be used on a dedicated grounded circuit or grounded extension cord.
2) Make sure you look for UL Ratings and UL Listed Equipment.
3) Do not use plug adapters and multi-outlet plug strips with electric heaters
4) Never leave a heater unattended with pets and small children
5) Make sure you have working smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in your home, ALWAYS!
These practical tips for space heater safety can always be found at the Electrical Tip of the day from our friends at Artisan Electric. Check back often and book mark the blog at Artisan for a constant stream of useful information that can be put to great use!